Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

I bought the ipod shuffle because the ipod touch just seemed a little too big and a little too involved to take with me while running. It shames me to even say that... years ago I ran with a walkman cassette player that probably weighed 4 lbs and was about 50x as big... Anyway, for my purposes, the shuffle is perfect. It is tiny, light weight, and has a clip that will actually hold it onto your clothing pretty much anywhere you want to clip it. The controls are intuitive and not nearly as involved as the ipod touch. Mind you, I'm not putting down the ipod touch at all, it's just that while running I don't want to have to press a button, swipe the bottom and then hope I was holding it upright so that I can change a song or adjust the volume. The shuffle solves all those issues for me. I might have liked just a little more memory.... but honestly 2 gigs is still a ton of music. New to this "latest generation" are some new colors (though I personally don't really care much about the fashion aspect of a 1 inch square device) and the voice over button... "Siri" is now in the shuffle. Press the button and a voice tells you the name of the song and the group. A little bit of overkill in my opinion, but still pretty impressive. If you buy one I hope it works out as well for you and thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Update: May 28, 2014. After a year and a half roughly I've managed to cause damage to the iPod shuffle. I was running and got caught in a serious downpour 4 miles from home. The shuffle was clipped to the top of my shorts with a shirt over it, but the shirt was completely drenched and therefore the shuffle got exposed to a fair amount of water. It will still turn on, but the Pause/play button is now stuck on. When you press that button for 3 seconds, the buttons lock. So, I can turn on the shuffle, but after three seconds the buttons no longer function. I can manipulate volume with a button on my earbuds. I am going to buy another shuffle (unless someone on here has an idea of how to fix mine....) and I'm not going to change my rating on the shuffle. I still think it is a fantastic little piece of equipment. I exposed it to a very extreme circumstances. (Short of jumping in a pool with it I probably couldn't have gotten it wetter.) I can't blame the company or the design for what happened and in my opinion the fact that I have no qualms in purchasing another tells the story. Thanks again for taking the time to read my review.
1616 comments| 920 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.