Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 9, 2013
I did tons and tons of research and decided to go with the belle fit corset and side zip girdles. One XL and one L so when i slimmed down I could have a smaller size (which fit about 5 months PP). The XL fit on the 5th day after labor. At first it was really tight but comfortable. it held everything in. It made it easier to lift my baby and move. My mom even remarked at how well I was bending, lifting and moving (even with stitches).

It helps with getting your stomach back to it normal shape (and if it wasn't in the best shape to begin with like mine) it helps to hold everything in. The girdle helps with back strain, with carrying the baby, nursing, and with posture. But mostly I bought it for vanity reasons. It will make you look about 10-20 pounds thinner. My family was commenting on how great I was getting around and looking just 5 days postpartum... little did they know it was due to the Bellefit. It is very very durable because it has held up well even after daily use for over a year!

Pros:

It helps compress and slenderizes the body giving you a nicer shape.
It makes you look 10-20 pounds lighter
It supports your back.
Stays snug where its at.
The corset is easy to clasp in the front (would recommend over the zipper) for the postpartum decision.
It makes the swelling go down much quicker.
Helps with C-section pain.
Once they fit you well you can just pull them on and pull them down like underwear.
Helps with posture.
Helps significantly with lifting and holding and nursing a newborn
Held up really well over the year plus that I've been wearing these regularly.
I won't go out of the house to an important event without it.
It's so great Bellefit is like Spanx on steriods.

Cons:
Postpartum bleeding is worse more with it on than not.
The boning on the girdle can cut into rib cage on shorter torso people. I folded up a nursing pad and stuck it in between the boning and my ribs on each side which helped a lot. (Once I lost a significant amount of baby weight it no longer did this).
My jeans slide around with it on, when I bend over and my jeans ride way down (am constantly pulling them up when I wear this). Wearing a long tanktop or tucking something in to prevent the jeans from sliding helps big time.
No Returns so make sure to buy the right size (s).
The price. I understand that these are very high quality, durable and get the desired effect, I just wish they were cheaper!
The side zipper Bellefit is hard to put on but is better for people who wear tight shirts so the zipper is hidden and can't be seen through the shirt (unlike the corset style).
Can't wait till I take it off each time I put it on.... but it is the same with tights and uncomfortable bras as well so don't take this point too literally.
Makes going to the bathroom a little more time consuming but not horrible.

Overall I gave it 4 stars on Amazon. Could they improve it a little? Yes. Do I wish they were cheaper? You bet! But I can honestly say I will always own a Bellefit as long as I'm giving and recovery from giving birth (or wanting to look thinner). They have proved themselves over the 13 months as the top and best postpartum girdle (or girdle for anyone who wants to look slimmer) to me hands down.
100 people found this helpful