Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for the price!, November 16, 2006
This review is from: Cyber Acoustics Stereo Headset/Microphone, Ambidextrous Design (AC-201) (Personal Computers)
I ordered two of these headsets for use by my wife and myself while playing World of Warcraft on our PCs. We had just recently gotten voice chat via Ventrilo set up and working, and we wanted to upgrade to headsets to replace our basic speakers-and-desktop-mic setup.

Both headsets worked great right out of the box. The sound output quality is fine, both for the voice chat and the Warcraft game sounds and music. Our teammates reported that the microphone sound quality was fine as well.

The headset earpieces are small, but include some cushioning. (They definitely fit "on" the ear, not "around" the ear.) I had some ear discomfort after wearing the headset for over an hour, but it was very slight -- definitely mild enough not to be a distraction. Adjusting the earpieces forward a bit on my head (so they didn't rest directly on my ears as much) helped.

The headband is adjustable to fit various head sizes. Both my wife (5'6" with a normal head size) and myself (6'3" with a large head size) were able to adjust our headset to have it fit comfortably.

The end of the microphone is slightly "bendy," and thus the microphone's position can be fine-tuned as desired. The entire microphone stalk can also be swiveled up to be parallel to the headset's headband, to move it up and out of the way.

The hardware interface (at the end of the cord) is two standard sound plugs (that will fit standard PC sound cards) -- one for the sound output jack, and one for the microphone jack. The cord itself is a nice length, plenty long enough to plug into a PC sitting on the floor under a desk and reach the head of the user sitting on a chair at the desk.

I'm sure there are better headsets out there, but I'd say that this is an excellent headset for the price for anyone looking for an entry-level headset.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 13, 2012 12:43:14 PM PDT
Trinity21 says:
Great review, plugging it in so we can hear the sound quality was brilliant!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2013 9:04:27 AM PDT
I like this style, because in addition to being cheap, they are small enough to fit in my laptop case. For my desktop, I have bigger, more comfortable "over the ear" head set, but a small portable one, that isn't too expensive to replace is great for travelling with my laptop.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2016 1:09:46 PM PST
I have a laptop and only have one port for a mic and headset. If I buy a jack so I can plug both of the cords in, will it work? My headset is useless right now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›