Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on April 17, 2012
First, the concept here is really cool. I love the mashup of a time-traveler from the future coming back to the 1800's to save the world from a magic/mystical threat, and the comparisons between her deprived, apocalyptic future and the cornucopia of England in the 1870s were a novel twist.

Unfortunately I had a hard time connecting with the characters. I think it was because the author didn't go very deep with the points of view. Instead of feeling what the characters feel, we're told how the characters feel. I'm not describing it well but I think that's why I didn't really care about them or their love story much, and that made it hard to get through the book.

I'm hoping this element of the writing firms up in later books because as I said I loved the concept. I'll definitely give the author another chance.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink