Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

2.0 out of 5 stars Bulova watch 96R138, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Bulova Women's 96R138 Diamond Dial Watch (Watch)
Looks good, but the first time I wore it I noticed some scratches on the glass, which literally doubled the second time I wore it, and so on and so forth - I've worn the thing less than 10 times and the glass is COVERED in fine scratches.
I don't have a job that involves any manual labour - just writing, thus this degree of damage in this amount of time is utterly inexplicable.
I've had cheap watches that have never scratched - this thing looks like I was doing bricklaying in it.
Extremely disappointed - all looks, no endurance.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 5, 2012, 3:36:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012, 3:50:11 AM PDT
Michelangelo says:
FYI -I think the reviewer needs to take another look at this watch, there is an almost invisible thin plastic protective film applied to the crystal in the manufacturing process to prevent accidental scratches while in manufacture assembly and/or shipping. - which should be removed for full visual enjoyment of dial seen with truly spectacular clarity without the interference of factory installed temporary crystal protector! Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 3:56:57 AM PDT
rit says:
Thanks mikek - I wish it were as easy as removing an invisible plastic film. I have taken the watch to Bulova who have examined the glass, made the appropriate "tutting" noises at the degree of damage the watch sustained from writing, and explained that it is mineral glass which (of course) scratches. Apparently if I didn't want scratches I should have bought a watch with sapphire crystal - thus it is my problem for not educating myself that a $300+ watch is apparently "bottom of the range". I did solve the problem though - returned it, got a refund and purchased a Swiss Legend Commander watch for $70 - with sapphire crystal. I have shoveled rocks in this watch - 6 months of use and not a scratch anywhere, unlike the Bulova which scratched after 2 hours of typing due to rubbing against a button on my sleeve.
Thank you very much for taking the time to make this suggestion though. However - I won't buy Bulova again and certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2014, 5:16:43 AM PDT
J S says:
That's unfortunate that you had a bad experience with this watch. I've had 2 of these same model watches over the course of 4 years and never got a scratch (or noticed any) until recently. I was setting up the date on it and noticed a tiny scratch on it when the light was reflecting off the flat surface. Otherwise it would have been impossible to see it. My husband bought it at JCP. The problems I had with it were the seal ring didn't work after a battery replacement and water got in it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›