Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

on December 4, 2013
I'm using this as a lock for my front door. Instead of buying a kit, I bought individual pieces because the kit didn't have what I needed, like the Z bracket and a fingerprint reader, but did have stuff I didn't need like cheap power adapters and wireless entry.

I managed to get a perfect alignment of the armature plate mounted to the Z-bracket and this magnet mounted to the trim above my door. I first removed the trim, added extra wood behind the trim, and used many long nails to secure the trim so it wouldn't come off if somebody tried to force their way in. The magnet goes on the trim above the door, and the Z-Bracket goes on the door, but needs to be mounted level with the trim, so I added another piece of wood to my door as well to bring the mounting position of the Z-bracket level with the magnet. By getting it all aligned properly, there's no way anyone would force their way in without breaking the door. This magnet holds the armature in place with far more force than my door could handle.

The only reason I'm docking it a star is that I had to drill a hole in the magnet casing to allow the wires to come through the trim into the magnet without exposing the wires. The provided hole is for mounting the magnet under the door trim instead of on it. That only works if the door opens outwards from the side the magnet is on. My front door is like every house door I've ever seen, and opens inwards, and of course the magnet needs to be on the inside. They could have easily provided another hole for mounting to doors that open inwards without exposing wires to tampering.
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.

Product Details