Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on May 22, 2012
Let me start off by saying that I am a big fan of "value priced" chronographs. I rarely spend more than $100 on the chronos that I do purchase but when I do, I try to get the best quality, most features and most expensive looking watch for less than $100...this watch fits the bill perfectly. I did manage to purchase one that came up through worldofwatches (but purchased through through Amazon) for $89 and came away very impressed with what I received.

The watch is solidly built of high quality materials. The matte/brushed stainless band looks sporty and classy without too much bling. The fit and finish of the band is excellent and the watch has a nice heft to it that feels substantial, like you are getting your moneys worth. It reminds me of my Fossil Speedway that I purchased a few years ago with a similar design. The face of the Boost chrono is similar to an airplane altimeter. Some people have complained about the face being difficult to read, and while I have not had any issues with reading the time I have found that the chrono hands are difficult to read as they are tiny.

There are three things I would have liked to see on this watch that it doesn't have, but does not affect my star rating of this watch. The first is the lack of a date window ( C'mon, even the cheapest chronographs out there have a date window). Tiny minute and second hand chronograph dials are an annoyance. There is plenty of space between the nine and twelve and twelve and three o'clock positions where sub dials could have easily been placed and enlarged. Instead, they are in a line and you have tiny chronograph second and minute sub-dials. The third sub-dial on the right is for the 24 hour military-time hand. A slightly dome shaped mineral crystal instead of a flat one is a bit unattractive and makes the crystal face more vulnerable to scratching and rubbing, and the domed shape tends to have a bottle cap effect on the face that I don't like when viewed from certain angles. Finally the signature red crown (which Red line proudly talks about in the instruction manual) should have been done in a red metal instead rubberized plastic and metal. To me, the plastic outside looks a bit cheap.

I did dock this watch one star for the dim glow of the face while viewing it in the dark. This may seem a bit severe of a hit to how I rated this watch but without an EL backlight, the face is impossible to read in the dark after an hour or two.

We had to remove a few links to make the bracelet fit properly but was easy to do with a cheap aftermarket watch kit I bought from a daily deals site a few months ago. This is a must have for anyone out there that purchases watches of this type with link bands.

There are several design details this watch has that really contributes to my enjoyment of it. The battery cover has a nice etched finish with the redline logo on it as well as the country or origin of the movement. The face has a high quality finish to the paint and second/minute hand markers are easy to read in daylight without being too busy (like some of the Citizen chronos out there). The screw down bezel (I think that is what is called) has a nice almost IP black finish to it and seems to be fairly durable. Overall fit and finish is very well done and makes the watch appear more expensive than it really is.

The watch also came in a very classy box suitable for a gift presentation and the watch itself is held in place by a small cushioned pillow. Lots of little details that are making me a fan of his brand.
What's this?