Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on October 7, 2009
I initially bought two books when I read the review; one for myself and one for my sister. Now I am back to purchase 5 more because I just have to share this book with my friends who are all suffering the homework blues!

I have always considered myself a very organized person (too much so, probably!) and I was able to pass this skill on to my oldest child. Then came my second! It seemed like nothing worked! All I kept hearing was, "I can't, I can't! I don't know how!" and I thought this was just her being obstinate or lazy or both. I would get angrier and angrier. I was at my wits end and resigned to the fact that this would always be a struggle for us.

Then I read in this book, "She was telling me exactly what the problem was-she really didn't have a clue how to start the task. She wasn't being lazy or trying to get away from her responsibilities. She simply didn't know how to organize herself. That insight helped me to turn aside my anger. Now I just needed to figure out how to help her." It was my situation excactly!

Just because I was so organized, it didn't mean my method of organization would work for my daughter. Thanks to this book, there are simple, concrete ways to determine exactly what works best for my daughter and the way she thinks/sees things. What works for me doesn't work for her and once we found what works for her, we were free! Free from frustration, free from screaming and free to focus on other things!

I recommend this to anyone who thought there was no hope for thier child to ever be organized. It is a book that is very specific and straightforward. I also think it's an excellent book for disorganized adults too!
11 comment| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.