Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

on July 19, 2014
Actual Rating: 4.5

Perspective: I'm a computer scientist who wanted a computer that could act as a terminal (That is, a second screen) to a larger more powerful computer I have. I was looking through various 2 in 1's and decided on this based on some independent research I did. I'll break down a review of this laptop and the software needed for it, not of WIndows 8.1 or anything of the sort.

I'm not the sort to write a long review going over stuff you can figure out from watching any promotional material, so I'll be direct as to why it wouldn't be 5/5 stars: The use of a HDD instead of an SSD as the basic harddrive of choice. In this day and age, and especially given the kind of device this is, the speed of an SSD is a must.

I put in a 128GB Sandisk SSD, which fits the needs I had for it perfectly. If price isn't an option (ANd eventually I intend to do this myself), I would recommend Western Digital's Black2 harddrive, which contains a 120GB SSD and a 1TB HDD for storage. It'll give you the best of both worlds.

Oh, and for perspective: I looked at 2 in 1's within the $500-$800 range, including Android tablets. For the price, this gets you far more bang for the buck, even including a replacement harddrive. Highest screen real estate (All the rest were 10.1-13.6 inches), acceptable resolution (There are higher resolution devices in this range, but with the smaller sizes they're less usefull), acceptable specs (Not the greatest, but for your standard uses (Even including my non standard use) that shouldn't require top specced devices, it will more than fit the bill), and a nice way of doing the two in one.
1919 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.