Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on April 22, 2007
This book is the best book I have ever read about love, life and the pursuit of happiness.

Greg Baer talks about how we can find real, unconditional love, eliminate anger from our relationships and become more loving ourselves. Most of us did not experience unconditional love when we grew up. When we were quiet and obedient, the adults around us were kind and smiled at us. But when we were messy and noisy, they responded with sharp, angry voices. In order to protect ourselves from our parents' anger or disapproval, we developed protective behaviors like withdrawing, lying, attacking, clinging or acting like a victim. We carry those behaviors into adulthood, where they serve us reasonably well, but generally don't make us happy. We also rely on things like money, shopping, flattery, alcohol, etc. to keep us "happy". You could call those things imitation love, because they make us happy in the short term, but never in the long term.

When we stop blaming others for our own unhappiness we have taken the first step towards a happier life. Greg Baer lays out a very practical approach to happiness, which I have found missing in many other books. Instead of "just be happy" or "stop being angry" (if it was only that easy), he details a few simple steps to take. They may not be easy, but they're simple and very doable!

3 years ago my life was a mess - I was constantly yelling at my two boys, and my husband and I were barely communicating with each other. By reading Greg Baer's book with a group of people in a book club format we learned the steps and supported each other on our path. Today our group is still going strong and meets every Tuesday evening. My life is much different today; I am much happier and have regained my sense of hope for the future.
0Comment| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)