294 of 325 people found the following review helpful
Not for everyone - but a bargain for me!,
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Fosmon HD1832 Intelligent 5-Port HDMI Switch with IR Remote and AC Adapter Supports 3D, Black (Electronics)
What do you expect for 15 bucks? If you're looking for perfect, forget it. But the good news is: it works! Now for the caveats . . .
1. It's very small. So what? you may ask. Well, imagine trying to fit a gallon of oil in a two cup container. This thing is the size of a deck of cards, weighs less than my smart phone, and you're supposed to connect SIX hdmi's to it? Heh. It's plug and play all right - but the "plug" part is really tricky.
2. The remote eye has a very short cord. Ideally, you'd like to locate this device with the rest of your equipment in the cabinet under the set, but the cord on the remote eye is only six inches long. Which severely limits your placement choices.
3. The remote eye is [edit: not as] large [edit: as it used to be]. Honestly, it's [edit: not] huge [edit: it's smaller than a dime].
4. The eye is picky about directionality. The flat surface with the adhesive pad has to be vertical. If you mount it horizontal, you'll get about two feet of range.
5. The clicker buttons are cheap. They're going to wear out. Quickly. Trust me. If you use this device every day, I'd give it less than two years.
OK, having said all that, would I buy another one? Sure. It has its place. Hopefully my review will help you decide if it qualifies for your place.
[edit: thanks to old hippo for the update on item #3]
Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 23, 2014, 8:57:24 PM PDT
Johnson Nguyen says:
Lol thanks for putting in good details for this item! Great review! Bought it few seconds ago!
Posted on Nov 17, 2014, 3:55:27 PM PST
Amazon Customer says:
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2014, 10:04:48 PM PST
Robert Kelleher says:
What are you using?
Posted on May 13, 2015, 4:10:22 PM PDT
I couldn't have stated the review better. Agree 100%. It's a good inexpensive HDMI switch. I have not had any problem with it at all.I've had mine for 2 yrs now and it still functions like a champ.
Posted on Jul 16, 2016, 8:39:23 PM PDT
old hippo says:
You must be reviewing an earlier version. The eye is less than the size of a dime.
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2016, 6:32:48 AM PDT
Steve Livingston says:
Thanks for that update, old hippo. Good to know!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›