Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Turtle Beach Ear Force Yet, March 16, 2011
This review is from: Ear Force PX5 Programmable Wireless 7.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Headset with Bluetooth (Video Game)
I started out the X4's, then the X41's. So two years of better gaming. Both were great for many reasons. I even thought they were perfect. Now owning the PX5's for a week, it makes the other ones I have owned seem flawed. They really did justice to the PX5. Cable fits more snug to the Xbox controller, the volume control has a better range, and interference is little to none with the PX5. And even though the sound on the X41 is outstanding, the sound on the PX5 is even better.

If you have the money or can scrape up the money and you play a lot of MP type games, you really need a good headset to step up your game. Being able to know someone is coming, how close the might be, and what direction they are coming from really helps. Even if you just play on campaigns, these headsets really help to immerse yourself into the game's environment.

The biggest plus with any headset for speakers is being able to play games loudly without keeping everyone else awake. More importantly, if you play games that has harsh language and you have kids, then you keep them from accidentally hearing it.

UPDATE 4/13/2011

Well, a few weeks of use now. I use them with the 360 and so far, I am averaging 10 to 12 hours of use before replacing the batteries. I use rechargeable NiMH batteries. The best feature they added to this headset, that the other models did not have, is they finally give you a warning your batteries are about to die.

The sound is still great. I have tried the various presets and they really help depending on what type of game you play. Still highly recommended.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2011 2:35:58 PM PDT
Do you make phone calls on the bluetooth, if so do people hear you loud and clear?

Posted on Oct 10, 2011 2:25:58 PM PDT
Wendy Fong says:
Does the PX5 work with just watching T.V. I really hope so since my old Turtles work for all. Thanks in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2011 3:43:26 PM PDT
J. Young says:
Just like the older models, the PX5 will work with T.V. It will work with just about anything if you have the proper output ability on the device. My T.V. has an optical out so I use that into the PX5 base.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 1:08:18 PM PST
I'm glad I came upon this review. Ever since TB went 5.1 xbox gaming wireless with the X31, I've owned them all: X31, X41, and maybe...this one. I swore by the accuracy on directional sound of both the X31 and X41 and how they've given me that extra "perk" in MW2 and Black Ops, that it was pretty much unfair =-P. Now that the word is out and everyone now has the same type of earphones, I was hoping to find a review that says the PX3/XP500 are BETTER than the X41's. I might have found that here. Thanks for the review, I hope you can extend it a bit more regarding sound quality on games vs. movies, etc. Keep it up!

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 3:35:14 PM PST
I am thrilled to buy this item - this would be my first gaming headset. But before I place my order, I am curious to know if I need to order any additional accessories with it i.e., cables, connectors and such. I have an HD TV and an XBOX. Sorry for the naivety.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 5:02:42 PM PST
J. Young says:
G. Hanahano: While playing, you can almost easily tell who has a quality headset and who does not.

As far as movies are concerned, I have mixed feelings. I usually watch all movies via BD in my PS3. The quality is really good with sound, but still not the same as a theater or really good home theater sound system. The bass if just not the same in a headset.

Still though, really nice especially if you have roommates or if you are watching a movie late while the family is sleeping.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2011 5:06:58 PM PST
J. Young says:
Nikhil: It comes with an optical cable, RCA cables (I think) and of course the USB cable for power from your Xbox. Only the newer Xbox(s) have the digital optical out. With the old ones, you either connect to the TV via HDMI and then optical out from your T.V. to this or if you have the older Xbox video dongle that had the optical out on it, you could use that. I had the dongle that cam with the original Xbox 360 years ago and have kept it all of these years.

The big recommendation is to purchase and use rechargeable batteries. This headset will consume regular AA batteries quickly enough to make that expensive if you game a lot. Rechargeable help a lot.

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 10:54:25 PM PST
I have x11s and am looking towards getting wireless TB's (those wires got in the way quite often) I play XBOX and it seems to me that the PX5's are the way to go since I'll save money on them compared to the XP500s. I just was wondering if there's any difference between the two aside from color and coming with the wireless adapter? Or does anyone know when they will be releasing some new wireless ones that aren't this "tear" of headsets?

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 10:06:22 AM PST
Twilight Sea says:
I have the X41s and from time-to-time they crackle a lot and it drives me crazy. Do the PX5s crackle as much or have they been reduced? Is it really worth upgrading to these if I still use X41s?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 10:24:21 AM PST
there is not a crackling unless there is something interfering with them.
I'll tell you to wait and get these:

Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400 Dolby Surround Sound Gaming Headset

The signal they will run on eliminates the crackling we have come to know from TB.
I hope this helps your decision!!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›