Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 8, 2008
Just so you know, historically I have proven to be a pretty good cook but a pretty bad baker. I love the freedom I have when I am about to "create" a meal. That feeling quickly turns to dread when I hear either the word "bake" or "dessert". I got tired of running from the dread and tired of preparing meals with no happy ending - What? No dessert? What is WRONG with you?

I ordered this book because all of the pictures made it look so easy. I also ordered this book because we are exploring the Vegan, non-dairy diet. I was more than a little afraid, but I did not need to worry. I had no trouble locating the ingredients (a lot of them were new to me) and I had my husband select a desert. Great ... he selected one that appeared more complex than the rest ... figures! Well, I am happy to report, that I made the "Cheese" Cake Thumbprint Cookies and they were GRRREAT! We are both really big cheese fans too and they tasted incredible, I was truly expecting to miss the cheese.

This is a great little book ... right down to the size, the solid construction and the front and back flaps that keep your place. I am pretty rough on cookbooks so I take care to be gentle with them but with this one I don't have to worry about.

Hope this helps! Take care and Happy Baking!
Barbara ")
11 comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?