Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by The Lone Bellow PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on February 26, 2013
It's been a while, but I finally found another movie that sucks so bad that it's actually good. Yes, it's SNOW SHARK, and you can tell by the title that this film is very, um, interesting. Seriously, though, director Sam Qualiana gives a great effort in this low-budget horror flick, but unfortunately the subject matter and execution come off as way too campy to take seriously.

I wish I could have been in the room when the concept for SNOW SHARK was developed. I can just hear it now: "Hey, let's do a movie about a shark...that swims on the land...or better yet, in the snow!" I'm not making fun, I'm dead serious; I'll bet the production team had a blast fleshing out this idea.

This film is very low budget and it is very campy, however it has heart and some not-too-bad special effects. I actually enjoyed the film when I quit trying to take it seriously. If you go into this one without expecting much, you'll probably enjoy it as well.

The cinematography in SNOW SHARK is ok, but the acting is quite bad. The bad acting is, however, one of the qualities that make it a "good" film. The cast strives to make the characters real, but they just don't have the talent or the experience to do so; the lines come out flat and the emotions simply too fake. I found myself laughing quite a bit, even during the `intense' scenes.

Surprisingly, the special effects didn't look too bad. Let me change that a bit: the GORE special effects didn't look too bad...the shark, on the other hand, was laughable. It simply looked too fake in most of the shots, however there was a single scene where a man is dangling halfway out of its mouth where it looks decent.

I am going to recommend SNOW SHARK, but only if you are looking for a good laugh. And even then, I imagine many of my readers will probably shut it off after 20 minutes or so. I would only give this one a look if you have some time to kill.
44 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.