Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 13, 2011
I purchased this item as a replacement for one of my MacBook Pro computers. When it arrived, it was not in Apple Retail Packaging as suggested by the item description. Instead, it was stuffed in a generic cardboard box. I thought that was fishy, but suspected no foul play. I then noticed that the charging cable wasn't included (the extension that goes from the brick to the wall). I ordered one, as it was only a few bucks extra and it, too turned out to be fake. I then noticed that the brick itself wasn't tightly sealed the way an Apple charger is (I have another one at home that came with my MB Pro to compare it to). There were gaps in the plastic and the little flip-out wall plug didn't line up correctly. The serial number on the unit was blurry and the text wasn't crisp, and I noticed the text printed on the outside wasn't crisp and clean either. It was clearly a poor print job. The white brick wasn't sealed in plastic the way Apple would do it either.

Avoid this and just spend the extra few bucks on a real Apple charger at a real Apple store. I'm really disappointed that Amazon lets this stuff happen. I hope they will do some research and take a long hard look at their sellers before shipping out potentially hazardous charging cords to their customers.
55 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?