Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 6, 2014
If you want a watch that will impress your friends (assuming your friends aren't watch snobs), this will pass. I've only worn it only a single day and have already received more compliments than most of my other watches have during their entire lives. I mean, to be fair, it is a really nice looking watch and people enjoy watching it tick.

But it is a skeleton watch. It is completely impractical for telling time. The hands are relatively difficult to read and the curved mineral glass limits the viewing angle. The band is okay at best. I will probably replace it because it is very thick and stiff and almost looks cheap. I don't hate it, but it could be better. I simply don't understand the obsession with embossed, faux lizard/alligator leather. What's wrong with a simple oiled leather band?

My biggest complaint is this: this watch certainly has a Chinese movement despite the claims of being a "Japanese quartz automatic movement" in the description. That should have been obvious by visual inspection of the photo, there is clearly no quartz to be found. It is a misleading, if not fraudulent, claim. I have NO DOUBT that this is a Chinese movement. There are no Japanese markings anywhere on the watch and the movement does not look like other inexpensive Japanese movements. Not to mention, the tag on the watch blatantly states "CHINA MOVEMENT". So do not expect a high quality automatic watch. This watch is running about 15-20+ seconds per day, which is quite bad by modern standards.

A decent first automatic? Okay, sure. But a quality timepiece or an heirloom it is not. Just don't pay or expect too much...

******************************************************
Update after two weeks:
This watch is still going strong. The accuracy is variable. Some days it is accurate to within a few seconds, others it may be off by 20-30 seconds. I can't quite isolate the dominant cause for this, but I do not think it is mainspring tension since I try to wind it daily.

I'm still reasonably satisfied with it but I refuse to give it more than 3 stars because of the blatant false advertising of a Japanese movement which would be a vast improvement to this design, worthy of a higher price tag. I also bought another brown leather strap with push button rose gold deployment clasp because I'm annoyed by this strap.
What's this?