Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 10, 2010
I usually pick up a few magazines and books to read while I am in Lowes to stave off the boredom while DH looks at everything hardware and power toolwise. Today I happened to pick up this book. I was intrigued as I had read the Square Foot Gardener book. I had never implemented anything in the book mind you, but it was still an enjoyable read. I figured that anyone who is that awesome a gardener must have some awesome fresh recipes. I was definitely not disappointed!

First of all, the book is beautiful. Nice large colorful pictures of not only the dishes, but also of the vegetables, herbs, etc. that are grown to make the dishes. The book is divided into sections for each vegetable with instructions on growing, pairing, etc, in the beginning, followed by a couple of recipes highlighting each vegetable. There is also a section and a few recipes for herbs. Some of the recipes are a variation of classics, but others are new inventions. The ingredients are easy to find so you won't have to search high and low for that one ingredient that makes the dish special. All the recipes looked and sounded yummy. They are also relatively health, using sour cream (you can substitute non-fat if you choose) and no butter. There was only one I thought wasn't the greatest because it uses 2 cans of cream soup. Soup being very high in salt.

I was so excited about this book that I almost bought it right then and there at $17.97, until I remembered amazon. So, I rushed home to order it right away. Thank you Mr. Bartholomew for a wonderful cookbook! I can't wait to get the book in and get cooking.
0Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.