Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on April 23, 2012
I have had the original Galaxy Tab 7 for about a year. It love it. 7" is the perfect size to bring along to read a book or watch a movie. It is large enough to be able to pull up web pages (even in "full Site" mode) and actually read them. I have used that old work horse every day that I've owned it.

So Why did I upgrade to this version when I love the original so much? 2 reasons. This one has Android Version 4.0 (I need this for a camera remote control app - DSLR Controller) and I liked the idea of a built in remote control for my AV system.

So the verdict? -- I love it. It is sleeker than the original. A beautiful bright and vibrant screen. Good Battery life (so far). and very peppy thanks to it's dual core.

Things I love:

Price:----- Way to go Samsung. Very affordable for what you get.
Size:------ This thing is perfect for book reading, watching movies on a plane, and just carrying round without it feeling too big.
Screen:---- Like I said, this think looks greet for media like movies and pictures.
Build:------ This thing is solid. I have been very impressed with Samsung lately
Remote:---- I LOVE the remote on this thing. I quickly set up with me home theater system (TV, Cable Box, Receiver, DVD, etc) The built in app stepped me through the process. and now I can tweak to my heart's content. This is better than my Harmony remote, because I can make updates right from the device without having to hook up to the computer. It also give a live schedule of what is on with single touch access. Better than the guide button on the cable box. Did I mention I love this app??
Android:--- Version 4.0 - Great tablet OS. Like it much better than iOS. I love apple product, but never bought into the apple ecosystem, so I prefer Android.
Kies:------ A cool way to wirelessly transfer data, pics, files, etc. between your Tab and a computer just using a browser. Very Slick, you will like it.

Things I like:

Camera:---- The shooter on this is OK. Plenty of pixels and shoots well in good light. it is OK but not great. Not an issue for me since I never used the camera on my old Tab. There is also not a built in flash. OK with me at this price point.

Things I don't like:

Proprietary cable:-- OK, I had to think hard of something I don't like about this. I prefer when micro USB is used for everything from Charging to Data transfer. However, I have a couple cables from my original tab, so again, not a deal breaker for me.

I will update when I've had more time to try this thing out, but so far, I am impressed.

If you do not have a 7" tab, and are looking to get one - buy this. you will not be disappointed!
66 comments| 189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.