Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Ritter PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on November 19, 2011
Electronics cases are a weird industry; most of them are relatively basic pieces of foam, neoprene or various plastics and cost a lot compared to what they are. Electronic device cases are kind of a necessary 'evil' in some ways.

That said I'm still pleased with this case. Yes, it was thirty bucks but I do appreciate that it's a classy looking thing. I have the charcoal version, with the honey 'leather' strap and it's very tweed-like. Yeah, it smelled a bit when I first unwrapped it but that smell is gone 3-days later (I've had laptop bags that were waaaay worse. Like stinking up my entire apartment ...)

The protection is adequate and I like how it zips only 1/2 of the way open (an "L-shaded" zipper) which makes it difficult for the Fire to slip out of the bottom as you unzip it. It's also nice and snug so the overall package is not too bulky.

All in all, I'm pleased that this bag is a nice presentation. Usually I don't care about this stuff as I just want protection when I throw my electronics in my backpack. But this case merits being left on my desk for all to see ...

PS: Many people seem not to know about AmazonBasics. I'd advise doing a search here on Amazon for that term and you'll see all of Amazon's house-brand cables, cases, CD-r and so forth. This is relevant as they make several generic neoprene cases for all sorts of electronics. Often time you can avoid the major brand names if you just want a simple case, even one that might be an inch too big, as you transport your devices to and from work or school. AmazonBasics have always been super good bargains, in general. Just a random example; not saying this is proper for a Fire necessarily but to give you an idea of what I'm talking about: B002VPE1Q6
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.