Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on October 11, 2012
So I just got my book today, and not to repeat other reviews but come on, rate the product for what it is, not due to your lack of understanding!

So first, since I ordered the print version, I've gotta say the thing that most concerned me before ordering was the quality of the printing. This is a very cheap book, as in price-wise, it's on the low end particuarly for a high-color book, and I feared the print quality would suffer as a result. However, I've gotta say, the print quality is phenomenal. Nice thick glossy pages (but not so thick that the entire book is like 10 pages), spot-on high quality color printing, it just feels nice.

The comics are also hilarious, but as other reviewers have commented, much of it is already on the 'net. That being said, I wasn't really shocked and personally, I don't think that's all that much of a problem. Many books merely gather web content, and many of them don't even provide new content as well! I have a post-secret book, which even though it's all online, seeing it in print is worth the price (if you like that kind of stuff). Heck, many comic series are free (Hobbes, Garfield, etc) yet I still buy those books as well. Anyways, the gist of it is yes, much of the book is already online, but some of it is not; if you absolutely love the Oatmeal comics the new ones are worth it, if you're kinda "meh" on the ones that area already online such as "How to Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You", then no, the new content isn't worth it. Funny, but not pee your pants hilarious.

Finally, This leads me to my one complaint, but again, I'd say it's also personal opinion: I wish the book was larger. While I can see and appreciate how neatly Inman organized the comics to work in a normal novel-size book, I think comics lend themselves to more "creative" book sizes, particularly when they are somewhat conversation-piece oriented. Personally, I actually would have liked a 10"x14" hardbound version, but I think Matthew did this probably to make the piece more affordable. Like I said, that's personal opinion, but I'm not going to knock off stars because Matthew didn't personally make and design the book to my exact specifications. The book is solid, and more then worth the price of admission.
0Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?