Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 11, 2010
My initial install went well and I even backed up my system on to it successfully. The next day, when I booted the system, I couldn't get to the device and couldn't even get to the internet. In fact, none of the other computers on the network could get to the internet either unless I turned the Netgear device off and rebooted the router. Their technical support was worthless. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but that was a catch-22. You couldn't reinstall even after the uninstall because it said it was already there. Their function to reset it came back and said it couldn't reset it because it wasn't there. I gave up and took it back.

Then the real problems started. Every time I boot my machine, it still tries to get to 10.0.0.1 (the Netgear device) and blocks me from the internet. If I manually modify the registry to make 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.6 go away and replace them with my router's IP, I can get things to work until I reboot and find that the registry is again modified back to 10.0.0.1 and I have to go through the whole thing again. Agian, their Technical Support was worthless.

Also, during the process, I learned the following from their support line:
1. You cannot reformat the drive. It runs Linux but doesn't let you the user get to the OS.
2. You cannot defragment the drive.
3. You cannot change the password on the drive without losing everything on the drive.

This product is not ready for prime time. Staty away from it!
12 helpful votes