Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

VINE VOICEon September 21, 2010
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This GPS might not have all the bells and whistles that some have these days, but it certainly has all that I desire.
As a test, I recently took both this GPS and my Garmin nuvi 255W on a 1200 mile trip, up through NYC, the length of Long Island, and up to New England. Highways, cities, rural, tiny back roads...

First, I love the size and appearance of the 4.7" screen. I thought the nuvi was fine...until I started looking at the bigger screen and I was hooked. I also found it easier to use than the nuvi with more types of route choices. The number of POIs is very good, much bigger and, with the AAA tie in, more varied than the Garmin and is a real selling point for me. As to the actual directions, they were very, very similar. The timing of when they warn you about upcoming exits is a bit different, but that is something you get used to and not really an issue for me. The unit is very attractive looking and very thin.

I do have one issue. Ok...two. First, no included AC adapter. Then there is the more serious issue of the 12v connector. To fit it into the windshield mount was difficult and awkward and looked like something that might cause a problem in the future. Also the cord was rather short. My 12v outlets are in my center console, at the very bottom. I like to mount my GPS on the left driver side..but there is no way the cord would reach that far, not a problem I had with the Garmin. So I just switched cords.

Bottom line, a nice GPS that you can't go wrong with.
11 comment| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.