Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

5.0 out of 5 stars Offers great protection!, September 29, 2012
This review is from: OtterBox COMMUTER SERIES Case for iPhone 5/5s/SE - Retail Packaging - BLACK (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I am not going to write a complete review, but I have to chime in on an 'issue' people are commenting on regarding this case.

No, this case is not sleek, it's a !@$*& otter box. If you bought this case, or are considering buying this case, it's because you want to protect your phone and prevent any damage from occurring. This phone is perfect for that purpose.

It may not still be as small as just the phone in your pocket, but who expects that when they buy an otter box? This case protects my phone great. It has a silicone insert which you put your phone into first, and then you put it into the hard, outer shell. This case even comes with a screen protector. Well worth the money in my opinion.

And on another note, the power button is not as hard to press as people make it sound, and I am sure it will get easier to press the longer you own the case.

The only thing I might say could be improved upon would be to put rubber on the bottom side of the case (perhaps a rubber bumper in each corner) to prevent it from sliding around. I have noticed when I toss the phone on my desk, it slides quite a bit. Perhaps my desk is just clean, but that's the only thing I could nit pick about this wonderful case.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 8 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 3, 2012, 12:08:32 PM PDT
Aaron G. says:
I would return it, that definitely is a defect. I have this case and I don't have any movement at all. It should fit like a glove. Some people posted about this on their facebook page. Go through their warranty process and they will send you an instant replacement.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012, 6:27:50 AM PDT
Jon Cverna says:
I think you have the wrong idea of what is sliding. I think it is the slick case, sliding on another slick surface (desk top in this case). But, the case was designed so that it easily slips into your pocket, so such slippage should be expected.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012, 9:00:17 PM PDT
treken says:
By sliding I meant it the entire phone in case can slide on surfaces such as a smooth table top. The case fits perfect and I am still satisfied.

Posted on Apr 20, 2013, 12:02:23 PM PDT
Shaman says:
Nicely stated. There are a lot of whiners out there. I (we) love ours as it does what it supposed to do.

Posted on Aug 9, 2013, 3:15:55 PM PDT
L. Beach says:
"...it's a !@$*& otter box..."

Bwah. I agree. I hate when people complain about things that are an inherent part of the product and the REASON most people choose to own said product.

I've had no issues with my power or home button.

I'm actually a little worried because it's MORE sleek than the one I had on my 4 which was more "rubbery." I dropped that phone a gazillion times without any problems.

I wasn't about to pay $100 for the Armor, though. Ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2013, 5:45:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 23, 2013, 5:46:12 PM PDT
Michaela says:

Posted on Dec 7, 2013, 5:54:07 PM PST
Casey says:

Posted on Aug 2, 2014, 9:00:35 AM PDT
Rollin says:
Perhaps you shouldn't toss it on your desk? (Just kidding.)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2014, 8:45:57 PM PDT
Weesle909 says:
My thought exactly. I never noticed this because I never 'toss my phone'.

Posted on May 3, 2015, 7:07:39 PM PDT
scott54 says:
A clean desk is a sign of a sick mind. :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›