Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 31, 2011
THIS IS AN INFERIOR QUALITY MEMORY CARD! DO NOT TRUST IT! Others have commented about losing data, pictures, and video; I had a similar experience. While shooting 1080p video at a family Christmas function on December 23, 2011, the memory card failed. I lost approximately 12 GB of video and 20-30 pictures. The video lost was irreplaceable; not only did the memory card contain the video recorded that particular day, but it also contained my daughter's first kindergarten Thanksgiving program and Christmas program. I was crushed. I had planned on retaining the holiday video of my children on the card until I had an opportunity to edit the "footage". The memory card actually crashed while I was recording. I checked the card on three different card readers - my laptop, desktop, and the camcorder - and all three indicated there was no content present. There was only 10 GB of video on the card when the evening began.

To add insult to injury, Komputerbay refuses to offer a refund since the card was purchased on September 15, 2011. I guess it's just my misfortune that the card did not fail sooner. The sale date notwithstanding, in my opinion, this response is indicative of a company that will not stand behind its product. After all, why would I want an identical replacement of an already inferior memory card?

Incidentally, I purchased a SanDisk 16 GB memory card with this same shipment, and it has worked flawlessly. I guess it is true, "you get what you pay for." I just wish I had learned the lesson (1) before purchasing this Komputerbay card and (2) trusting it with priceless precious moments. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS CARD! I don't want anyone else to suffer learning the same lesson.
157 people found this helpful