Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 17, 2005
I absolutely LOVE this mix 5 album from the OC (which by the way is an amazing show by the way). There is such smart, cutting edge music on this compilation, and I love how the OC gives viewers a chance to listen to 5 star indie music that they won't here on the radio. As Summer Roberts would say, "Indie rock is like the new pop rock." Well said.

Some of my favorite tracks would be the beautifully somber "I Wish I Was Dead" by the Shout Out Louds, a great cover of the classic "Forever Young" by Youth Group, the haunting "Your Ex-Lover Is Dead" by Stars, and Imogen Heaps "Hide and Seek," which sounds similar to Bjork and is absolutely lovely.

Besides these standout tracks, I also do enjoy most of the other tracks: "Rock and Roll Queen," "Reason is Treason," "Publish My Love," "Requieum for O.M.M," "Kids with Gunds," and "California 2005." This version of "California" is an acoustic version, and although I prefer the upbeat original version, this kinda solemn one is great too.

So yeah, that only leaves two tracks that I'm so into: "Daft Punk is Playing in My House" and "Na Na Naaa". I mean, they're OK, but I'm not really feeling them.

Regardless, this is an extroadinary mix. I am in love with so many of these wonderful songs, and it totally gives off that OC vibe. I listen to them and I instantly picture the OC. I definately recommend this mix if you enjoy the music they play on the show or if you're into indie rock. I maybe heard of two or three of the bands on this album, but I was blown away by how amazing these unknown bands were. Oh, and the booklet is also very well crafted. It resembles a senior yearbook so they're a bunch of signatures from all your favorite characters to each other. It's so cute! There's even some suprise messages from characters no longer on the show, such as Anna! Fabulous. Fabulous album.
What's this?