Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on August 6, 2005
1. LEFT and RIGHT CLICKS: The whole mouse body moves down to register a click, so there is a physical click happening (just like the previous Apple mouse). * If you have your fingers resting on the both sides of the front of the mouse and then click, the mouse will register a left (normal) click. * If you have your fingers resting on the left side only and then click, you will get a left click. * If you have your fingers resting on the right side only and then click, you will get a right click. * If you have your fingers only in the middle and then click, you will get NO click. * If you have your fingers on the scroll ball and click, then you get a middle click.

Basically, this means you need to have your fingers in the right place when you click, except that if your fingers are all over the mouse, then you just click a normal left click. I had trouble getting used to it in 10 minutes, but I think long-term it would work for me. However, when I had other people using my computer, it would probably drive them mad at first.

2. THE SCROLL BALL: I love this thing. I was able to quickly scroll around a web page and a enlarged photo. The ball seems very natural and works well even with its small size. As you roll the ball, different parts of your finger come into contact with it, making it seems bigger. I was able to scroll up and down a long web page in just one up and down movement of my finger. I have no idea whether the ball will stay clean and hold up in the long run, but it works great out of the box.

3. THE SQUEEZE BUTTONs: This is probably the weakest link in the mouse. The buttons (one on each side of the mouse) take quite a bit of pressure to activate and are in an odd place that requires moving my hand. In fact, I would pretty much stop what I was doing and concentrate on squeezing. I'm actually a pretty strong guy, so I'm surprised this was so noticeable.

4. COMPATIBILITY: This mouse can only be programmed with the absolute latest version of Apple's operating system. That means that unless you've bought a new Apple computer or the new 10.4 operating system recently and then downloaded and applied the latest update, you have to rely on the preprogrammed actions for each button. Curiously, people have told me that you can program the buttons on most Windows PCs. I have the latest system, so it's no problem for me.

5. DESIGN and FLEXIBILITY: I like the look of this mouse: very clean and white. You can also choose to make this into a one-button mouse or a two-button mouse (if you have the latest Mac operating system or most Windows systems). It seems well made and matches Apple's keyboard.

OVERALL, I plan to buy this mouse because I'm a sucker for attratively designed items. I don't right click very much, but I scroll a lot, and that scroll ball works very well for me.
22 comments| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.