Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

on April 15, 2012
So I wanted to take a trip down memory lane and I picked this up. After a quick and easy install, I started it up and oh hey! A login screen. I remember my username & password and everything...except it doesn't work. Ok, fine, let's try my EA account, which I used with BF3...no dice. Ok, screw it, new user. Ok! Wow this is dated. Fixing visual settings, controls, etc, is a hassle and needlessly irritating, stopping me constantly to say, "Hey you can't do that. Don't do that." But it's not fair to judge a game that's almost 10 years old by the standards of today, so whatever.

But then, ah. EA. You lovely monster. I try to join a server, to be met with "INVALID CD-KEY." Well, game, hate to tell you this, but this CD-KEY could not be MORE valid. I literally just got it. It is fresh. It is new. It is as valid as CDKEYS get. But no. No no.

So then I start looking it up, to see if there's a solution - and there is! Except it might not work and it requires me to edit my system registry. Sorry, BF2, but you're not worth me potentially damaging my registry to play and it's insane that it should even require such a step on the user/customer's behalf. If one of the largest companies in the video game industry can't get the game right BUT STILL SELLS IT IN THIS BROKEN CONDITION, then don't support them.

DO. NOT. BUY. Even for $5.

Now to see if Amazon will give me a refund (no they will not, this is a digital download)
22 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.