Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on September 15, 2011
I got this watch a few days ago and I love it already. It's very useful to be able to see the barometric pressure and have some idea of what the weather is going to be like. I've also been having fun with the altimeter, logging ascents/descents on bike rides (of course the measured altitude will fluctuate with changes in air pressure, but this is quickly and easily accounted for with a quick calibration. Those that are complaining about their altimeter not working properly should probably take a closer look at the manual). I'm also planning on doing a rock climbing trip this year and a mountaineering trip next year, where the alti/baro/compass/sunrise/sunset functions will get a proper workout; I'll be sure to post an update when that happens.

The watch IS large, but not overwhelmingly so. I was worried it might look silly on me, but it looks quite nice on my wrist (which is relatively slim). It's light and very comfortable, meaning I don't notice it when I don't need to. It is also user-friendly and logical to work with, and a quick read of the manual will be enough to cover most of its functions. Thus far, the solar charging has worked well and the battery indicator has never been below 'High'.

Overall, I'm very happy. This watch will suit anyone who is active in the outdoors, or just keen on knowing alti/baro/compass data for the fun of it.

UPDATE: I recently got back from a mountaineering trip up to a snowy, 2000m peak. The watch performed fantastically! I was able to check the altitude against a map and only had to calibrate a few times. And even then, the altitude was only off by 10-20m. It was nice to log everything I did over the 2 days and get a readout of my max. altitude, total ascents, etc. The compass was about as accurate as my friend's handheld, which is reassuring. The sunrise/sunset times were pretty much spot on.
44 comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.