Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Comfort, June 25, 2010
This review is from: Sobakawa Cloud Pillow: Maximum Comfort and Support Premium Micro- Bead Pillow with Cooling Technology (Kitchen)
I'm writing this the morning after receiving my Sobakawa Cloud Pillow from Amazon. One night was all I needed for this review.

Like everyone, I think of my bedroom as a sanctuary from the world's stress and that's why I want it to be as comfortable and soothing as possible. I've suffered from head/neck/back pain for years from sleeping on pillows that lost their shape way too soon and went flat on me. Before last night, I slept on a combination of a regular pillow, a body pillow (which was wrapped around the reg. pillow), and a huge European-style square pillow to top everything off.

In a nutshell, neither that elaborate setup or the many pillows that came before it gave me even one fraction of the PEACE that the Sobakawa gave me in one night of testing. It cradles my head and neck perfectly, and it keeps my spine aligned when I shift during the night. The micro-beads move when you move in order to provide proper cushioning at all times. At the risk of sounding too "New Age," the Sobakawa Cloud Pillow gave a level of comfort that was almost like being back in the womb. My first night's sleep with this pillow was truly the best I've had in years, and when I had to wake up in the middle of the night to *cough cough*, all I could think of was how much I wanted to go back to bed! :O)

I've noticed a lot of complaints elsewhere on Amazon about this pillow's size, firmness, and the noise of the micro-beads. Yes, the pillow is slightly smaller than the standard bed pillow, but in my opinion it more than pulls its weight on the job. I admit that I was surprised and disappointed about the size when I first opened the box (because I was used to big luxury pillows), but I changed my mind very quickly once I used the Sobakawa. Appearances can be deceiving. What looks like a "dinky travel pillow" to some, turns out to be a great sleep investment for others (namely me). Another complaint is that the pillow is too hard/too noisy. I did not experience these problems. The micro-beads crinkle a little when you move, but not enough to seriously disturb the person or wake him/her up. As for the hardness, if you love ultra-soft down pillows and others of that type, then the Sobakawa Cloud Pillow would probably be too experimental for you to try. The way others have described this pillow, you'd think the reviews were written by "The Princess & The Pea." The Sobakawa is NOT a glorified brick, and its micro-beads didn't stab me to death in my sleep. Instead, they gave me the support I needed after years of pain that came from using those royal, ultra-soft pillows. To each his/her own.

One last thing about this product that struck me as funny: The tag that comes with the pillow & case set has a bunch of underlined warnings on it, saying that the pillowcase must ONLY be used with the SOBAKAWA PILLOW! Only the PILLOWCASE can be washed! One must NEVER get the Sobakawa pillow WET! The only things missing on this way too serious tag were the words, "Or else!" I suspect that wetting the pillow would ruin the micro-beads, but would it kill them to actually explain that instead of screaming "Don't do it"? Or does the pillow turn into a gremlin when wet? I call dibs on Gizmo! LOL

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 17, 2010, 11:33:26 AM PDT
I too bought the Sobakawa micro-bead pillow a few months ago off the T.V. and was surprised of the size, but it makes up for it in so many ways. I have had serious neck and dics problems for years and searched for all different pillows, if it's out there I have it. But this one is for keeps. I had to order another one because my husband stole mine. My new one is suppose to be here tomorrow on the 19th and I can't wait. I sleep so good. Now I just got to get a temper-pedic bed and I'll be set. This is a wonderful product. I give it 5 stars if that is the most.

Posted on Nov 3, 2010, 7:01:55 PM PDT
Lisa Kearns says:
Thank you for this great review! I'm always on the lookout for a firm yet comfortable pillow. My daughter also has neck pain and I'm hoping this pillow is the answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010, 12:51:33 PM PST
For several years I'd wake up sometimes with serious neck/bottom of the head pain and an upset tummy. Always thought it was a 24 hour bug. But it suddenly dawned on me it was from sleeping with my head up on a regular pillow. Haven't had a problem since I've slept with NO pillow - but have been on the look-out for one that lets my head stay down but be a pillow otherwise. This might be the answer! Thanks!

Posted on Nov 6, 2011, 5:47:00 PM PST
G. Jumper says:
i loved your enthusiasm :)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011, 11:34:39 AM PST
My son has a microbead pillow and he loves it, I have washed it a few times and it is just like new after every wash. Thank you for your post, I am going to go buy the sobakowa pillow today to see if it helps my neck and back.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012, 11:16:56 AM PST
C. McKay says:

Posted on Jun 21, 2013, 6:04:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2013, 6:05:16 AM PDT
L. A. M. says:
I've read many negative reviews about the Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, but I have to definitely agree with yours. My only complaint about the pillow so far (I'm on my third) is that it loses its support after a short time of use. I too have disc problems, as well as scoliosis and after spending hundreds of dollars on pillows, including a buckwheat pillow and a water pillow, this little pillow offers the best support. MY concern is why the crazy warnings...has anyone heard about the pillow emitting harmful fumes? if so, I'd love to know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2013, 6:11:21 AM PDT
I haven't herd a thing about fumes. I put a special pillow case over mine to reduce wrinkles when I lie on my face - and we sleep on earthing pads to elimnate inflammation, so maybe these two things counteract the fumes. I've already washed mine. I don't smell a thing. Sometimes folks have nothing to do and try to negatively affect a company.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›