Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 8, 2011
I received my SE Spring Bar Tool very quickly and well packaged. I was originally put off in my buying decision by some of the negative feedback regarding tool breakage, but decided to purchase it anyway, due to the low price.

When I received the spring bar tool, it was well packaged and appeared to be well made and finished. The knurling was not too aggressive and the threads were well made. There were no chips in the plating. Noticing that some of the feedback was related to tool breakage, I tested all three tips included with the tool. I found that all three tips were well made and functioned appropriately. I attempted to purposefully break each tip by applying a force many times in excess of what would be required to remove the three different types of watch band spring bars that the tool was designed for. They did not break. I can only conclude from my experience that either someone was asking the tool to do something for which it was not designed (removing a link pin, not a spring bar and "tapping lightly"), or used the tool improperly, e.g. excessive use of force.

I am picky about my tools and I have no concerns about including this fine tool on my bench. It is remarkably well made for the price.

If you do break the tips, you may purchase first quality Bergeon replacements at Jules Borel for a modest fee. However, until you learn to use tools properly, you will probably break those as well, so purchase several.

It is the poor workman who blames his tools.

22 comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)