Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

on January 7, 2011
I purchased this watch in December of 2010 as a dress watch for my travels within and outside the US. I am a watch lover and do own a very nice, fine, expensive watch, but due to the places I travel and also the current economic conditions, I prefer to wear a watch that will not catch too much attention.

Not sure if I will not catch attention as this watch has quickly become one of my favorites. I have gotten so many positive comments and I've only been wearing it for one month. I agree with those who have stated that for all intents and purposes this watch has a black face and not blue. It takes quite a bit of sunlight at the perfect angle to make the blue tone make its appearance.

From a functionality standpoint, this watch is not meant to be either a chronograph or an alarm. The chronograph is way too complicated and cumbersome to set and activate. By the time you pull out the crown and move the bottom indicator to CHRONO mode, the event you want to time may be over. As for the alarm function, it's not loud enough--at least for me. The rotating bezel is a very useful tool for measuring approximate time spans. I use the bezel quite a bit when I'm taking meds every few hours.

If you plan on using this watch for time and date only, it really is a magnificent tool. I love the fact that it is an analog watch, and my favorite part is that is has a perpetual calendar. When you set the date and time, you actually use the "second" hand to set the current month. Then you use the "chronograph" hand to set the year in relation to the last leap year--1 year after, 2 years after etc.... This means that if you keep the watch powered up, it will keep the correct date on display until the year 2100! I love having an analog watch that doesn't make me check if it's the 31 or 1 of every month.

I also use the "L-TM" feature to set it to daylight savings time or to other time zones. I keep my "Time" setting to my local non-daylight savings time. This way when I travel, I simply go to the local time function and set the watch to that zone. When I come home, I simply set it back to "Time" setting and it automatically adjusts back. If it's daylight savings season, I simply use the "L-TM" setting for local and adjust the watch backward or forward when I travel. The beauty of the "L-TM" function is that all adjustments are in hourly increment, not minute by minute. Meaning when you arrive at a new time zone, you don't have to look around to make sure you have the minutes accurately set.

Well, I tried giving you some of the pluses and minuses of this watch. One thing I will say is that to get going, you will need to review the instruction manual. I found that the one on the CD included with the watch is the simplest and most straight forward. Once you get this watch going, I think you are going to love it. Did I mention it really looks good on my wrist?

Good luck selecting a watch you enjoy. For me it's a hobby to get good watches at decent prices. I feel I got a steal with this one.

Edit 11/21/11:

Still loving this watch. Haven't had to adjust at all--other than for daylight savings. I did replace the watch band with a black rubber one. Looks even more awesome now. BTW, the correct size is 22mm NOT 20mm as stated on the spec list on Amazon.
22 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.