Industrial Deals Magazine Deals Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on May 2, 2010
I was watching Rick Bayless' "Mexico, One Plate At a Time" and saw him using something like this so I tracked it down on Amazon. What a great idea -- the removable pot is made of cast aluminum and can go onto a stove top. I can saute vegetables, brown a roast and then lift the pot (using oven mitts) into the slow cooker to finish while I'm at work.

The aluminum pot's walls and bottom are about half an inch think and distribute heat evenly. I expected to find hot spots because it's oblong and my burners are round. That wasn't a problem. I've simmered marinara sauce directly on the stove top and haven't noticed any difference in temperature between the center of the pot and either end. I've also used it on the stove top to cook lasagna noodles. It's large enough to roast a whole chicken.

Sometimes slow cookers finish their cycles with everything done well, but with too much liquid left in the pot. With this one, I can just set the pot on a burner and quickly thicken the sauce.

I'm impressed.
44 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)