First the bad news. 1. Transcever does not have CB frequencies. I was under the false impression that it did...
2. Documentation inadequate for proper sellection of antenna, and power supply.
3. Inadequate public notice of requirement for U.S. government license.
4. Again inadequate documentation for proper user friendly operation of all features of Transcever.
5. Non disclosure of Manufacturer (ie. is it from a Hostile nation with computor circuitry designed to malfunction or other harmfull acts.)
6. Has permenant auto shut off of Transmitting capability if FCC detects ANY operator transmitting without a license. Even if a one time, 5 second transmission is made, results in auto shut off. Even on very obscure frequencies. The whole licencing scheme is a scam of Freedom of Speech Right, and Right to Public Access. Unite must be taken to Ham shop to reset trip.
Now the Good News.
1. Cost effective for operating power of 50 watts. Sufficient for Repeaters.
2. Small and Light weight, easy mobile capability.
3. Operates on 12 volt power source.
4. Easy punch in frequency from Mic. Lighted keypad for night operation.