Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

This is one of the most serious, detailed public interest books I have ever read, and I do read quite a bit.

I am in Afghanistan, with very little time to myself, and regret I have not been able to sit down with this book and give it the double read that it merits. As with any book that I consider a potential blockbuster, I started with the index, notes, and bibliography. All three are deep. This book is both a citizen's primer, and a reference work that will stand the test of time in helping future generations of students. It is a starting point for truth in the public interest.

I am one of those very few non-fiction reviewers that is also a former CIA clandestine case officer and a career intelligence officer. My reviews of over 300 books on intelligence are easily found (each review leading back to their Amazon home page) are easily found by searching for < Worth a Look: Book Reviews on Intelligence (Most)> without the brackets.

Imagine my astonishment, then, when I get through the first part of the book and discover that Obama may be CIA's second wholly-owned president. Obama's parents appear clearly documented as non-official cover CIA officers (officers spy, agents are the people they recruit) responsible for spotting, assessing, and recruiting among the Islamic up and comers. This section alone makes this book priceless.

Now in fairness to Obama, it must be said that George Bush (Papa) is now known to have been a CIA non-official cover officer present in Dallas and probably also directly responsible for supervising the assassination of John F. Kennedy. I do not write such opinions lightly. See among many other references here at Amazon, Dark Legacy and JFK and the Unspeakable: Why He Died and Why It Matters. I would also observe that every President since JFK has been a puppet. The assassination of JFK by a mix of New York bankers, Texas energy and military wealth, and their "agents" in the FBI and CIA set the stage for every president thereafter to be a house pet, choosing between the gold certificates if they were good (Papa Bush and Clinton being a prime example), very little if they were neutral (Carter, Bush Junior), and death (none needed so far).

For a top level view of CIA, see my online post, < Search: Seven CIAs [Steele on the Record] > from November 2012 when I was unemployed. Now that I work for the US Government again (and my wife continues to work for the CIA), I can no longer post on that topic, but my book reviews are legal and allowable as "spontaneous remarks." My new monographs and articles must go through pre-publication clearance and I am totally committed to that process. For two great books on CIA (good people trapped in a bad system) see, among others:

The Secret Team: The CIA and Its Allies in Control of the United States and the World (Second Edition)

Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA

A very helpful book in understanding where CIA got its off-the-books money controlled by Treasury (i.e. Wall Street) is by my friends Sterling and Peggy Seagraves, Gold Warriors: America's Secret Recovery of Yamashita's Gold. CIA imported the Nazi hydra (that in turn corrupted major slices of the US military), and funded the resurrection of fascists in Japan, Italy, and Germany, as well as collaborative corrupt dictators all over the planet. Please understand that I care deeply about the craft of intelligence and hope one day to see the CIA restored as a reliable provider of decision support to the President and all others. My article in CounterPunch is easily found online, "Intelligence for the President -- AND Everyone Else."

I have gone on at length above because my intent is to firmly support the author's credibility. He offers facts and extended opinions that loosely-educated and poorly-read individuals will be quick to label "off the wall." NOT SO. This book across 22 chapters, does what books -- and investigative journalists -- are supposed to do. It connects dots to dots, dots to the readers, and God willing, one day, readers to readers in a non-violent revolution to restore the Constitution and the Republic.

Each of the subsequent chapters shocks me and teaches me. I never have thought I knew it all, but I had thought I was well-informed and this book shakes that understanding. With all my reading, I am at perhaps 20% of what can be known legally and ethically. This book is shocking across every single chapter, and all the more valuable because it not only skewers Obama and Bush and their associates, but also does a fine job on Mitt Romeny and the Mormons, some of whom appear to be engaged in criminal activities including drugs (like the CIA, the Mormons are not a monolyth, they have "branches").

The final chapter, "Next Steps" is alone worth the price of the book, and I strongly recommend this book even if you plan only to read this one chapter. I have put this book into my 6 star category (roughly 10% of the 1900 or so books I have reviewed) precisely because this is a transformative book. I ran for President briefly in 2012, as an accepted Reform Party candidate, primarily to put good ideas in one place (BigBatUSA.org), and to confront all the other presidential candidates on the matter of electoral reform as fundamental. Hence I am thrilled to find that in this final chapter, the author closes in on that very point. Here is a marvelous quote from Sam Smith, founder of Progressive Review:

"If we wish to change events there is no better place to start than to change our own reaction to them, to declare that a politics lacking justice, equity, decency, and compassion is no longer acceptable. Economics, efficiency, perception, and brutish power calculations no longer suffice. The bottom line has bottomed out. The most radical act of individualism in which one can engage today is to come together with other individuals - as church, neighborhood, city and organization -- in order to uncover the biggest secret our leaders keep from us -- that we are not alone."

Bravo. ELECTORAL REFORM is the one thing that we can all come together on. I tried to explain this to Occupy in my now famous viral video (see also my video at Gnomedex), but Occupy was at the time a mob incapable of decisive action. We can still Occupy the HOME OFFICES of Senators and Representatives, and I continue to believe that we can force an Electoral Reform Act in time for 2016, one mandating that all eight parties (in addition to the two wings of tyranny, Democratic and Republican, the Green, Libertarian, Natural Law, Reform, and Socialist parties) be included on every state ballot for every federal office.

I have faith in America the Beautiful, and in the average citizen. I have lost faith in all of our institutions including churches, labor unions, the media, and universities. I pray that this book will in some manner inspire others to recognize that our government -- good people trapped in a bad system -- is rotten to the core and must be legally and peacefully abolished. We need a clean sheet fresh start with two words: ENOUGH -- and INTEGRITY.

God Bless America -- and may God restore the goodness that was envisioned by our Founding Fathers.

Robert David STEELE Vivas