BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 7, 2012
I have had the 60" ES8000 for about 2 weeks now.
It is a nice TV.
We have a 46" ES8000 at work and I have never seen such an amazing TV, once I used it for a few hours I was hooked.
The 60" TV is really nice, it fits right above our fireplace.
I used a VideoSecu Ultra Slim Thin Flat LED HDTV Fashion TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32"-55" LED TV VESA 200x200 300x300 400x400 up to 800x800 - Adjustable Cable Length 1Y2 to mount this TV, and it was awesome.
You hang the TV like a picture with a wire and two special washers.
The TV is less than 1.5" from the front of the screen to the wall, thinner than most of our paintings we have.

The picture quality is GREAT, not perfect GREAT. This 60" has some cloudyness/bleed through in the corners that is EXTREMELY visible on dark/black backgrounds.

I have read a bunch of forum replies about leaving the TV on for 100hours to get rid of that, and we are on hour 80 right now. It SEEMS to be getting better, but it could be the placebo affect going on.

The 3d is awesome, Transformers and Avatar on the 60" in 3D rock!
You get 4 pairs of glasses with this TV, so it is enough for the family and friends!

The Smart Hub is really cool, the application selection is a bit sparse, but it should be growing.

One last thing that sold me on the TV was the expansion pack that this TV has.
It allows you to constantly upgrade your TV with whatever new technology Samsung comes out with next year, so instead of having to buy a new TV, you can buy the corresponding upgrade kit and plug it in to the expansion pack!

If you have any specific questions about the 60" please ask, I will answer in the comments.

I will update as time progresses with the TV.

***UPDATE****

The clouding was getting pretty bad in the corners, so I contacted Samsung and they wanted to have a service center come out and service the TV. I called the service center and he said return the TV to Amazon.
I called Amazon expecting a big fiasco, and was very surprised that it was extremely easy.
Amazon ordered me a new one (without paying for it) and had it delivered. At the time of delivery, they returned the old one.

The second es8000 is 10X better than the first one, but still not perfect. The ghosting/clouding in the corners on dark scenes is FAINTLY there. I am going to let it run for 200 hours and see if that helps, if not I will try one last es8000, before going with a different brand.

It is very upsetting that Samsung has this issue, and is not doing ANYTHING about it. I never had this much trouble when I was buying 42-50" tv's that were much cheaper. Hopefully this TV fixes itself or the third one works.......

**update** 5 months in.

TV is still awesome.
Fixed the issues with clouding and ghosting by simply changing some settings around.
Now the blacks are intensely black, like NO light black!
review image
1313 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?