Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 31, 2011
I want to be honest--I was one of the most skeptical people when it comes to this trendy "light therapy" stuff. So what made me buy this? Well, I'm seriously terrible at waking up in the morning. Absolutely awful. I have tried everything in the alarm clock market it seems, and always I would either not wake up, turn off the alarm in my sleep and become late for work, or feel like I was dragged out of deep sleep too soon and hardly be able to open my eyes for half an hour after I am awake. It's not a function of how late or early I go to bed; I just have a terrible time waking up. It's awful and it grates on me, my relationship with my husband, and work.

I saw this product when I was doing some casual research on light therapy. It really caught my eye, and the reviews of people saying it actually helped them seemed to me like it might be worth a try. I hemmed and hawed about it for a while because of the price tag, but finally decided to bite the bullet.

From the first day I tried this out, I've been waking up on time. When I wake up, I feel refreshed, like I actually gained something from sleeping. I have the alarm sound set to the marimba tune, and it wakes me up right away--but gently. I actually feel like I can get right up and out of bed--and I do. Is it a placebo effect? Maybe, but I doubt it, for this reason: I've always been really optimistic about any new alarm clock I've purchased and NONE of them have woken me up like this does.

Also, to note, I enjoy camping a lot. Whenever I camp outside, I wake up when the sun rises and I always wake up easier and feel replenished when the sunlight fills my tent. It could just be that I am more responsive to this particular type of light therapy than other people.

If you can get by the price, I very highly recommend you try this out. Phillips also offers a 45 day money back guarantee if it doesn't work for you (make sure you consult the paperwork). I am so glad that I decided to try this.

UPDATE: After a couple more weeks of ownership, the change is unbelievable. I wake up feeling so fantastic. The light of the lamp is perfect for the room. My husband can't believe the change in me since I've started using this clock to wake up in the morning. I am so happy!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.