Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 25, 2012
I purchsed just over a week ago. I can't find any of the problems listed in other reviews. I left this new on since I got it, nonstop. I do cycle the power on/off a time or two a day. I've played a dozen or so DVD movies. Sound is as good as I would expect. It IS certainly loud enough. Usually the audio volume is between 7 and 12. Maybe 15 if with a fan on in the room. Some Netflix videos have gotten me up to the 40's. Out of 100. TV is in a bedroom enviroment. I personally found that a +6 boost in bass and a -4 cut in treble helped quite a bit IMHO. However, I will say I think the speakers are on the right rear of the sceen. I've used the tv on a stand in a corner of the room, and now wall mounted, with no volume issues and unit seems physically balanced. No problem with tilting. There is a 1 second or so delay when turning channels with the internal tuner with some, not all, channels. Scanning through many channels does seem slow. Maybe TV signal dependant? And for the few who might care, owners manual says it's Video CD (VCD) compatible.

Though I was aware before purchase, I wish it had a headphone jack and analog audio out. Digital optical out is available. Also, wish it had Dolby Volume compression or equivelant for TV signals. Dolby audio compression is available for DVD audio. 60hz has it's limitations, but very tolerable at this screen size.

Highly recommended. Picture is great. Sound is good. Remote is better than some.
Tuner is ATSC/NTSC/QAM (Digital/Analog/Cable-unscrambled). Included stand allows screen to tilt up/down. Delivery was very fast. EPA power rating of $7 year. As long as the power supply and overall reliability holds up, Overall, I'm very pleased. If it dies, I'll update this review.

***Update 11-29-12 --All is still perfect. Couldn't be more pleased.
***Update 4-7-13. Still going strong and used half of every day. Not a single problem.
4 helpful votes