Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 28, 2006
I bought this watch a few years ago. I like the luminous dial, and it has proven to be an accurate and rugged watch. I am disappointed that after a few years the plastic watch band cracked and was no longer usable. Given the price of this watch, and all the military specifications Luminox claims to meet, I did not expect this to happen. I assumed this must have been a defective watch band. When I contacted Luminox to point this out, and asked if they would replace it, they sent me a very curt and direct message in which they stated:

"The warranty does not apply to the band, crystal, crown, bezel or battery."

In looking for a replacement band, I discovered that authorized Luminox distributors sell them for $39.00. I think this is bit ridiculous for a watch band that only lasted a few years. I've bought complete Timex digital watches for less than the price of this band, and never had the watch band break. In shopping around, I found a Timex watch band made for Casio watches that looked like the original Luminox watch band. I bought it for $8.87 at Wal-Mart.

While I still like the Luminox watch itself, I'm very unhappy with it coming with either a defective or very cheap watch band. I'm also very unimpressed with Luminox's customer service. Given my experience, I've come to the conclusion that Luminox watches are overpriced, and their service is poor. If I could do it all over, I wouldn't buy this watch again.
30 helpful votes