Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by morrisey STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 12, 2009
There's such a wide discrepancy between reviewers' comments about the size that I wanted to try to explain.

These boots are European. They come in Euro sizes (36,37,38 etc.). Amazon's American whole sizes don't totally correlate to the boots' sizes IMO. If, like me, you order an 8 because you wear 7.5, you will receive size 39 boots. 39 is typically an 8-8.5. So they are really big. Wearable, and very roomy for tucking in, but need to be worn with thick socks. But I felt like I was wearing rubber rain boots if I didn't have tucked-in pants.

So, I then ordered a 7 and received 38. I normally wear 38 in Euro shoes such as Dansko. In the foot, the boot in size 38 is *perfect.* But the calf is tight. Definitely no tucking. The arch, like some reviewers said, is tight, but if I unzip it all the way, it's easier to put them on. I definitely can't wear thick socks, only thin socks. I'm going to try to get used to the calves; there is elastic, so maybe they're doable. My calves are slightly on the large side.

So, if you know your European size, order by that, or size down if you're a half-size. If you have large calves, size up and they may work for you.

They are so comfy, great quality (leather-lined boots are luxurious!), and stylish, and of course you can't beat the price. Maybe I'll keep them both, one for tucking in pants and one for skirts?? At this price I just might.
11 helpful votes