Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 20, 2011
We own all of the other blokus games already so this is a bit bias.

First the base of the game feels...lighter than the other boards we have. I think its probably still durable, but there is a difference.

I like the game play. Its a bit easier because there are less pieces and two of every piece, but it is not easy. My husband and I tried it out without kids and we didn't get rid of all our pieces the first game.

I like the little puzzles (10) that come with the game to teach how to play.

Oh and for some reason the pieces of the regular game almost, but don't quite match this game (Incase you were wondering like my husband if you could make a larger version of duo)

The pieces are also about the same size as regular blokus, but again the quality is a little bit less. I can't quite put my finger on it, but lighter in a way.

Overall, I don't think this game is 'needed' if you have regular blokus, but it is a nice teaching tool for strategy and for non parent child games. We bought it very cheaply for our 2 year old to play with. He makes patterns and we don't have to stress to much about counting pieces (as compared to regular size, duo was too small) I don't know how much game play this will get over regular though.
11 comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.