Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on June 9, 2010
I bought this book based on the good reviews in Amazon but I was very disappointed.

I think that if you are an introvert that has no experience with extroverts that this book may have some value. Contrary to the introduction, I felt that it was primarily focused on utilising principles that extroverts use. This was re-enforced by the continual quoting of famous extroverts advice on how to self-promote. This is not what I was looking for. I know how extroverts function, I just also know that a lot of their strategies don't work nearly as well for me as they do for them.

The other disappointment was that a lot of the text was on what I would consider business-promotion, rather than self-promotion. The section on `Self-Promoting activities' listed (in order); Web sites, Advertising, blogging, podcasts, online-groups, classified ads, flyers, brochures... Sorry, but this is not self-promotion as I understand it.

In summary, this is a very entry level book. It may be a good introduction, but I found it very light and not very on-target.
1818 comments| 361 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.