Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 1, 2004
Like another reviewer, the 'Little Giant' infomercial piqued my interest about this type of product. I was in need of an extension ladder in the 20ft range, but didn't really want to deal with storing it. The idea of meeting this need with a unit that stores in a compact space was appealing, and I could get rid of my eight foot step ladder to boot. I found the Werner MT-22 at Lowes for $198 plus tax. Little Giant didn't really lose a sale because there was no way I was going to pay $400 for a ladder no matter how well made or versatile.

The ladder is everything I expected. It works great as an A-frame stepladder. Although it is heaver than the 8-foot stepladder I'm retiring, it is also less bulky which is a good trade off when manuvering it to where I need to use it. It is also useful outdoors as a taller stepladder. The feature to allow it to be set up on stairs is a great plus.

The main reason I wanted a new ladder was to get a long enough extension to reach the eaves of the half-story of my house. The MT-17 was not guite long enough so I went for the 22. The main disadvantage is having to manuver it into position while it is essentially fully extended. Again, the slight disadvantage in setup is compensated for by the ease of hauling it out of the garage to the area where it will be used, and not having to store a standard extension ladder. I expect I'll only need to use it in this mode three or four times a year so the storage problem is actually more important than ease of setup.

I haven't had a chance to use it in the scaffold support mode, but I did do a test set-up, and it appears that it will work well for this purpose.

The ladder is sturdy and well-constructed. It is very stable when properly setup, and I was comfortable and confident while using it. I highly recommend this product.
1313 comments| 593 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?