Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

5.0 out of 5 stars No proof required, April 26, 2005
This review is from: Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (Hardcover)
Many of the reviews here refute the truthfulness of this book because Perkins does not provide evidence for every one of his claims. But, this is precisely what makes the book an exciting and fast read. How can Perkins be expected to provide evidence for influencing events in other countries? Where should we expect to find documentation of these nefarious deeds? The inner workings of organizations like MAIN, Halliburtion, and Brown & Root are only ever known when a dissenter arises.

From my perspective, it all seems to add up. I lived in Ecuador in the 80s. I was young (18), and I didn't know much about politics at the time. I personally saw many of the projects that Perkins speaks of in this book. I heard the complaints from my Ecuadorian friends about how the U.S. was bankrupting their economy by "loaning" money for extensive construction projects. I saw the jungle along Rio Napo being deforested by unknown (to me) companies. I spent time in oil towns in the jungle -- like Shell. I saw the dam that Perkins speaks of in his book.

The only way to gather proof about the truthfulness of his claims is to see it first hand. Though I seriously doubt that most of us have the guts to travel to the places where these things happen. Denial, regarding these issues, seems terribly naive.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 7 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 36 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 24, 2009, 12:52:08 PM PDT
kooky Kid says:
Bingo! Denial is not only "naive', it is clearly a defense mechanism as most of the populace in under a virtual spell of denial.One needs to look no further than the Publishers Weekly review of this book which states that the book is fare of conspiracy buffs ! Why we find the truth so hard to believe is that for generations the persons we look up to on thrones and people we vote in to office are the shareholders and owners of corporations that profit and reap huge rewards from their game of the empire, yet they hold press conferences to tell us the taxpayers and voters, obediant sheep, that their decisions are based on what is good for us as members of the empire. We do not hold them accountable for their decisions and ignore their self interest and pretend that we cant see how they are profiting at the expense of 99.9 percent of the population. It is Stockholm syndrome , we wont dislike our captors because we are accustomed to them and feel our very survival is dependant on them.

Posted on May 24, 2010, 6:18:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 24, 2010, 6:21:22 PM PDT]

Posted on May 24, 2010, 6:21:38 PM PDT
becklau says:
AGREED! Denial ABOUNDS....also apathy. The signs of WAR FOR PROFIT are everywhere in politics of our past, recent past, and today.....AND vote "Them" in? THEY are selected not elected, this has been proven also. ESPECIALLY America, and OUR World is governed by the criminally insane. When "We The People" are being led into the shackled trains en route to the concentration camps.....then they will believe.

Posted on Jun 18, 2010, 11:34:46 AM PDT
R. P. says:
Footnotes?

Posted on Oct 30, 2010, 1:07:51 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 31, 2010, 9:46:50 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 28, 2010, 10:53:51 PM PST
Nicole A. says:
I definitely agree!! My parents grew up in Iran and have mentioned the very same things that I am reading in this book. I don't understand how people can expect to have proof over such secret operations. Yes, asking others around the world and their experiences on it and traveling abroad would be the best proof you can get.

Posted on Jan 30, 2011, 8:46:50 AM PST
"No Proof Required"? Is that right?

Posted on Feb 23, 2011, 11:43:27 AM PST
JSR700 says:
I agree. The world of geopolitics is not a courtroom. For me, Bible prophecy, the exposes on secret societies, the revelations of consciencious men, the reasons why countries remain poor under the clutches of the World's banks and world events unfolding before our eyes (e.g. the U.S. economy, Iceland, Greece, Egypt and Libya) are proof enough. Anyone who requires proof should gird their loins and do their own research.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2011, 7:18:15 AM PDT
Whamo says:
It would not surprise me if the corporate interests paid these skeptics to discredit this story. It is not just denial. It is evil.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2011, 7:11:17 PM PDT
kennycan says:
Perkins was an insider. Did he not get anything in writing that he kept and could reproduce in this book? Anything? One documented evidence that someone told him to do what he did would be enough to up the credibility of this book. On the other hand, if he did this work for a number of years and can not produce anything, you have to be sceptical of his claims.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›