Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on January 3, 2008
Now that I am in my 30's, I see everything I once knew and loved being replaced with another generation of performers --- most of whom I don't like or are at best mediocre. So few of today's stars can inspire the same admiration I felt when I was a kid. Even as a young boy I knew there was something significant about Bob Hope. I grew up watching his Christmas specials, but so did my father and grandfather (via the USO shows). Bob was just as much a fixture of the holiday as tinsel on a tree. But after he passed, that all seemed to stop.

Fortunately, with this DVD I can now keep a part of that tradition alive. Alongside the annual must-sees like "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Charlie Brown Christmas" I have these wonderful moments of Bob Hope at his holiday best. It has clips and sketches from shows I remember, but also from shows before my time, all of which were laugh-out-loud funny. The extras include bloopers, which should not be missed because it gives a peak at what he was like behind the scenes -- which is as charming and funny as you thought he would be.

If you like Bob Hope and miss seeing his Christmas specials, this DVD will give you a dose of the old - but timeless - holiday spirit that you can share with the next generation. My only complaint is it's not long enough. But I wouldn't be satisfied until there was a DVD box set of each individual Christmas special shown in its entirety. Until that happens, I am very happy to have this to watch again and again.
0Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.

Product Details