Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 31, 2009
Laurie Perry's "Home Is Where the Wine Is" offers the reader useful advice for getting to - and past the age of forty, and also tells her readers that they should live their lives to the fullest, no matter what happens to them.

Her lessons on life and meditation are really funny, and can be considered a type of guide to doing everything better. She writes in a clear style that is easy to follow. Her tone is conversational and it is as if she is your best friend in the room with you. By reading each chapter, labeled as resolutions, you get the feeling you are reading her diary, and following her inner most thoughts. Her life is one realistic adventure, and she always comes out on the positive end of the experience in the end.

I would recommend this book to a wide range of readers, especially female women or teens. In this story the author envisions how she should spend the rest of her life, including the spaces between and around the dots she connects. She advocates self love, and overall the book is meant to inspire us in the little pieces that make up our daily lives.

Ms. Perry's relationships in the book are interesting and completely believable. I felt as if I could relate to her friendships on every level, and thought I had definitely met these people myself, at some time or another in my own past (especially the section about the competitive gardeners, the internet dates and the people she met while traveling).

This book is a guide to showing us how to live our lives to the fullest. After reading it, I wanted to live my life differently too. I wanted to be more conscious of what it takes to live fully each day, and I wanted to begin my New Year with a few resolutions of my own. Overall, it was a good read, highly recommended for the New Year.
What's this?

What are product links?

In the text of your review, you can link directly to any product offered on To insert a product link, follow these steps:
1. Find the product you want to reference on
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select
7. When your review is displayed on, this text will be transformed into a hyperlink, like so:Hamlet (The Pelican Shakespeare)