Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

3.0 out of 5 stars Agree With the Other "Critical Review"- But Problem Could Be Remedied, July 25, 2010
This review is from: crocs Men's Yukon Clog (Shoes)
I am a medical professional and am on my feet for many hours of the day. I was looking for a clog that had great ventilation and was comfortable for someone like myself that had flat feet. In the past I had used a clog that had an open heel and did not like the sensation of constant heel "clapping" as I walked.

I decided to try out the Yukon. At face value it had everything that I wanted and in all ways but one, it actually delivered. The ventilation is excellent-feet do not get hot at all. The adjustable heel strap works great and while there is some elevation of the heel when you walk it is hardly noticeable and after a while it feels like a closed heel even though it is not. The style of the clog is a "step-up" from your "run of the mill" clogs.

The only criticism I have for this clog is comfort. The problem is the foot bed consists of a hard rubberized sole that has nubs that project upward that is designed to help circulation and message the foot. Unfortunately all it did for me was make the otherwise perfect clog into a uncomfortable clog.

I absolutely agree with a previous reviewer's (Jared) comments that these clogs "are not bare foot friendly and worn without socks will murder your feet". I will go just a bit further than Jared and say that even worn with socks your feet may not be torn up but it is certainly not as comfortable as other clogs that have a soft cushiony feel. Arch support was also minimal.

Fortunately for me the local sporting goods store ("Dicks") carried these clogs and I was able to try them on with some cheap orthotics that when inserted into the clog not only covered the rubber nubs but also provided the soft cushiony feel I wanted with better arch support. All the problems were solved and now I have the perfect clog!

For those of you who have the same concerns and wish to follow suit with my solution please be aware that the orthotics take up space within the clog ( unlike clogs made by "KlogsUSA" which have a removable sole that can be interchanged with an orthotic). I wear a size 8/12 tennis shoe. With the orthotic in place I bought a size 10 clog. Last bit of advice: if you buy an orthotic to cover the nubs buy a full orthotic that spans the entire clog from toe to heel because the nubs extend the entire length of the foot. Hope this was helpful.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 23, 2011 6:39:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2011 9:44:24 PM PDT
Felix says:
I can see the nubs in the pictures, but they appear to be rather small compared to those I've seen in some rubber sandals. I think a good pair of gym socks would solve that problem. Anyway, thanks for the warning.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2011 2:35:17 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2011 2:35:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 2:18:03 PM PDT
medi says:
Felix,
Maybe my feet are super sensitive but I wore the clogs with the standard thickness gym socks and it did not help.

Posted on Nov 30, 2011 10:54:07 PM PST
On several occasions I've worn these during a day at Disney World or another amusement park in central Florida. They are very comfortable with or without socks. I've not had the slightest problem with the nubs. I'm happy they're there for the purpose you mentioned: To allow for even more ventilation. As a guy with notoriously sweaty feet, these are wonderful relief!

Perhaps you have dry skin on the soles of your feet? I'm sure you personally have thought of that, working in medical field, but for any others, dry, hard skin on the soles of your feet would tend to not conform to the bumps. I imagine that would lead to discomfort. If you show the shoe pattern in your skin when you take your shoes off, that could very well be your problem. The solution is to soften the skin.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 8:19:48 AM PDT
medi says:
Thank for your concern regarding my feet.

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 11:37:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2012 11:44:53 AM PDT
Leo Evans says:
I will not buy now! Fashion Faus Pax. NEVER wear socks with sandals!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2012 1:06:45 PM PDT
Kate says:
If I'm reduced to wearing crocs for comfort, I don't think wearing socks is going to be an issue.

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 12:50:11 AM PDT
Sydneyman says:
Thanks to a lifetime playing sport, especially soccer, I have very "bad" feet, I wear custom orthotics as well as being hard to fit. I've not had a problem with the little studs on the inside foot bed, found that they softened up a bit over time as I wore them. I think they help grip bare feet to stop the Crocs slipping off. Note: I agree with Leo Evans about not wearing them with socks - especially in public! Psst... I confess to sometimes wearing socks with them indoors at home; but don't tell anyone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›