Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

VINE VOICEon December 31, 2008
Well, I'm embarrassed to admit that I really enjoyed this silly movie. I hadn't intended to see it, but got pushed into watching it with my family. And I liked it better than they did! It was actually very sweet.

The plot, of course, is a cliche. Nerdy sorority is made cool by an ex-bunny. Not original. But it isn't meant to be. This whole thing is just a wonderful frame for the comedic talents of the people involved. We particularly enjoyed the scene where Shelley tries to act like Marilyn Monroe over the steam vent, and gets her knees badly steamed. That is just so silly that you have to laugh.

Also, at my house, we just find it so strange that the series "the girls next door," whose performers are in this film (the Faris role, Shelley, is supposed to be living at the Playboy Mansion as the movie opens), is one of the sweetest shows on TV. We expected trash, and were confounded by pleasant people that we genuinely like. So that predisposed us to like this film, too. There is a certain innocence to the whole thing.

So, I find myself in the position of recommending this film to anyone who enjoys silly comedy.
0Comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.

Product Details