Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

on February 13, 2012
FORKS OVER KNIVES chronicles several personal stories. I am taking the liberty to share briefly my story. I am a Holocaust survivor. For three years, behind barbed wire in forced labor and concentration camps, I was beaten, wounded, and starved; it left many physical and mental scars. I never received any medical treatment there. Some scars and scabs will stay for the rest of my life, as reflected in my autobiography "From a Name to a Number." I was liberated by the Russian army in May 1945. Their doctors gave me a thorough examination. I weighed eighty pounds, and they told me, "Sorry young man, your life span will not last long." I was 18 years old then; I am now an 86 year old man.

For many years after the war I was a very sickly young man. The most troubling ailment had been my inability to digest common staples of food such as meat, dairy products, etc. My stomach rejected and ejected them. I had been seeking and getting medical treatment; different diagnoses were made and a variety of medications were prescribed which did not provide much relief. A co-worker once said to me, "It pains me to see a young man absent from work so often due to illness. Perhaps if you adopt my lifestyle it might help you, as it has helped me." I became a strict vegetarian and a teetotaler. I am glad to feel as I do now. I don't need any more convincing that a purely plant-based diet is good for a healthy body and mind. Nevertheless, I have learned from this book; some recipes are great. I would recommend this book to anyone seeking to improve their health.

Henry Thoreau wrote, "I have no doubt that it is a part of destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals."
11 comment| 53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.