Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services DrWho DrWho DrWho  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

1.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but bugs are ruining enjoyment, November 13, 2011
This review is from: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My son was really excited to get this game last Friday. Unfortunately, his enjoyment has been tempered by the extreme bugginess of the release. Since he made it to the 6th year, the game has crashed constantly. We finally called customer service this morning and were informed that it has been recalled. We will be sent a new disk in the mail. I am happy with how WB has handled the issue, but if I were in the market to buy the game, I'd hold off until it's clear that the new release is less buggy.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the guidelines and FAQs here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 4 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2011, 5:09:12 PM PST
T. King says:
Hello, can you confirm what platform your game is? I have purchased a Wii version for a Christmas present and want to resolve any issues before he plays. I'd rather deal with this before Christmas than after. Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Thanks so much for your review.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011, 4:26:20 PM PST
I have the same issue. Did you find a customer service number to call about this? I have purchased the Wii version as a Christmas present also, and would like to exchange it if possible.
Thanks!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011, 5:48:00 PM PST
T. King says:
After multiple emails to Amazon (who did not have any info on a recall other than for a PC version) they referred me to Warner Bros.

I had several emails with Warner Bros response and this was the final result:

410-568-3680.

Sincerely,
Warner Bros. Customer Service

---------------------------------------------

I did not call them as I lost patience. At this point I am going to wait until my son opens and plays with it and I will explain the potential for glitches. I am going to save the packaging etc in case I need to deal with this further. Good luck, hopefully there is no problem but it's frustrating that there seems to be a lack of proactive options.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011, 7:31:14 AM PST
lala says:
How can I contact Warner Bros to find out how to get a new game? Do they have an email address?

Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011, 11:07:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2011, 11:08:24 AM PST
T. King says:
Hello, this might help, copy of my earlier post re: Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (Wii)

I had several emails with Warner Bros response and this was the final result:

Warner Bros. Customer Service

---------------------------------------------

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2012, 10:25:37 AM PST
realqd says:
I had bgt this as a Christmas present for myself and just finished the game last week but cannot get 100% because the game freezes makes a loud buzzing noise. Thank you for the number I just called the number and they told me that I have to restart the game because my wii was not updated till recently to 4.3U I was told to delete the game and then reload and play again. Will find out soon if this has fixed the problem

Posted on Feb 28, 2012, 7:10:39 PM PST
read my comment in the review above this

Posted on Mar 9, 2012, 4:47:28 PM PST
We were having fun with this game until the following issue: On year 6, just after retrieving Slughorn's memory, we have found a bug in that we can't get up the stairs in the castle. Has anyone else had a similar issue? We follow the ghost studs from NH Nick and they continue going up the stairs, however the stairs aren't there and if we try to follow we fall off and lost coins. Before Ii contact Warner Bros, does anyone else have this problem, or know a way to move those stairs down?
Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2012, 4:49:53 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 9, 2012, 4:50:09 PM PST]

Posted on Aug 24, 2012, 9:42:46 AM PDT
Starlet says:
I just called WB and they were very nice and helpful. Our game glitched out on year 6 (outside of the weasley's house) and froze with a horrible noise. We tried over and over to get through that level but no luck...it always froze.
WB walked me through the steps to fix it. He had me make sure my system was updated to Ver. 4.3U and then he had me go into the settings and change the sound to Mono (I had mine in surround sound). My daughter went back and played and guess what??? It worked. He did say that if it happened again to call back and he would send me out a new game.
I hope this helps anyone who is having this same issue.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›