Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on July 14, 2011
I have read, or listened to, most of the Wallander books. I thoroughly enjoyed them. This book is no exception. I was very intrigued by the plot, the characters and the fascinating historical aspects. I was, however, most engrossed by Wallender and what in essence is his "aging process" and the interaction with life - which marches on relentlessly. As someone of Wallender's age, I was morbidly fascinated by his descent into eventual darkness.
I am glad, that Mankell chose to give a defined ending to Wallender - one that is unfortunately too common amongst all of us - reminds us that all of us have a human commonality, regardless of our social standing, professional career, etc.
I also think that some of the "loose ends" at the end, reflect not only the "espionage" component of the story, but I think also reflect a reality of life - not everything can be answered to one's complete satisfaction - sometimes, things are just vague and unclear (much like our minds?).
I am glad that I still have a few Wallender books to read.
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading comments right now. Please try again later.